The Institute runs an extensive annual programme of academic conferences on a wide range of subjects, both general and specialised, within the broad area of English studies.
- Reading the World: Challenging the Dynamics of Canon Formations (3 December 2015) Registration open !
- Jane Austen Society Study Day: Persuasion (13 Feb 2016) Registration open!
- International James Joyce Symposium: Anniversary Joyce (13-18 June 2016) CFP
- International Association of University Professors of English: Triennial Conference (25 - 29 July 2016) Registration open!
RECENT PAST CONFERENCES:
- Eric Mottram Memorial Conference, 19-21 November 2015
- The Annual George Eliot Conference: Daniel Deronda, 7 November 2015
- Dickens Day: Dickens, Readers and Reading, 10 October 2015
- Association of Adaptation Studies 10th Annual Conference: Adaptations and the Metropolis, 24-25 September 2015
- English Literary Heritage Conference, 18 September 2015
- What Ever Happened to the Working Class? Rediscovering Class Consciousness in Contemporary Literature, 17 September 2015
- 8th Screenwriting Research Network (SRN) International Conference, 10-12 September 2015
- Language, Culture and Society in Russian/English Studies: 6th International Conference, 27-28 July 2015
- The Literary London Society Annual Conference: London in Love, 22-24 July 2015
- The 7th Annual Conference: Victorian Authenticity and Artifice, 13-15 July 2015
- Biennial London Chaucer Conference: Science, Magic and Technology, 10-12 July 2015
- Dissemination and Production: The Progress of Information, 3-4 July 2015
- Aestheticism & Decadence in the Age of Modernism, 17-18 April 2015
- Virginia Woolf's The Voyage Out, 28 March 2015
- Jane Austen Society Conference: Emma, 14 February 2015